We were up on time and on our way to drop off the rental car from hell. Of course, 1Car1 who promised to get us a cab or their driver had no one there for us. We waited for about 20 minutes and said F it and got a cab to take us to the airport. Of course, we are sitting there waiting and I have on one of my Stevie G Liverpool jerseys on and a guy with an Everton jersey sits behind us. We had a good laugh and Jess says, “No fights!” Called the Prates to see how everyone was.
We got the car from Thrifty and decided to go GPS less – we’re adventurous. Nah, just cheap! They wanted 11 dollars a day. We probably should have just gotten it since we got a AAA discount.
We headed to Perth and had some trouble navigating with the book they gave us and the directions Jess had. We should have just gotten the GPS. We made our way slowly through the city and finally got to King’s Park and the Botanic Gardens. I think I got some cool shots of the wild flowers there and this one bird who was drinking the nectar from some bell looking plant. It was pretty cool.
We were heading to Leslie’s house. Leslie is the woman Jess acted as the leave replacement for while she lived here for three months. We stopped to get beer and wine. Now the wine is fairly decently priced. Beer on the other hand is not. Not at all. Not even fucking close. I’m talking about $17-19 for a six pack. Yes, you heard me right. I would never live in this country. Are you kidding me? I was completely floored. I think they have a huge tax on beer – but WTF? They have an election this weekend. I think I should run – the platform – lower the price of beer. How could you lose? They didn’t even have a lot of good beer. How the hell are people supposed to drink here?
Got to Leslie and her son Jamie’s house. It’s right on the beach and they have awesome views of the Indian Ocean from the back. I headed out with the camera to take some shots – it was pretty sweet. I’m actually starting to figure out how to work the camera – things should start getting a lot sweeter with the photos.
We had dinner with a bunch of people. Jen was Jess’ teaching assistant when she lived here for three months in 2004. Bev taught in the school. The Biggs’ are the family she lived with. We hung out and ate a bunch of food and BS’d. It was a great time – and the people are all really cool. We’re looking forward to returning the favor soon!
Post a Comment