Fiordlands bus route and the Milford Sound.

Sorry folks but I need to resize all the pics or it will take forever and a billion dollars to upload the pics - hang in there!


We got up at like 5:15 am so that we could get to the bus terminal and meet up with the company who would take us on the trip to the Fiordland and Milford Sound.  The ride was long and we stopped in Te Anau a small town on the way there.  We made numerous stops in the Fiordlands National Park.  I don’t know that there is much for me to say so I will let the pictures do the talking:  Knobs Flat:

Lake Gunn:

Us at Gunn:



Monkey Creek:



Milford Sound:
We had a perfect day for the trip.  There would have been more waterfalls had it been raining but I think I’m ok with less waterfalls and a day that you can be outside on the boat and see everything.


We also got to see some seals chillin’ on a rock – which is all I have ever seen seals do and dolphins playing in the water.



The ride back after our stop in Te Anau we watched the Anthony Hopkins movie, The Fastest Indian about a guy from Invercargill – the most southern city on the south island and his attempts to ride his 1920’s Indian Motorcycle to set the speed record at Bonneville.  It was a true story and his record apparently still stands for motorcycles under 1000 cc.  Grabbed food again and ate at the lodge, met the two French people who are taking care of the place in exchange for their rooms and the Japanese people who were there for some time.  More food and drink and bs and it was generally another good night.  They could use a fireplace here.  I mean, what lodge doesn’t have a fireplace?

1 Response
  1. Stumbling on my way to Heaven Says:

    The picture of you both at Gunn couldn't exist on this earth! It looks like you took an off planet excursion. Your pictures will be awesome and I am sure could be sold as a coffee table book. As least make a coffee table book for your house! We want one here too.

Post a Comment

abcs