Brekki, 3 Sisters and a quick jaunt through Sydney


We got up fairly early to have brekki – which is what they call it here.  Brekki.  We’re eating and two of the girls working there for their board are making pancakes.  They ask if I’d like some and I say sure and they bring me this really thin and black in many spots crepe – it’s not a pancake girls.  Pancakes are fluffy and taste good.  Not being one to be rude I ate the thin pancake like substance and was full from my brekki.

We headed to Echo Point and to see the 3 Sisters – this rock outcropping.  They are in the Blue Mountains and I am not sure if they are all part of some other system but the place was beautiful.  We got out of the car and the wind was insane.  Like crazy insane.  There wasn’t so much of a breeze at the hostel – about 8 minutes away but the wind here was nuts.


 
The valley was somewhat like the Grand Canyon.  But I don’t think anything can compare to the Grand Canyon.  It was still gorgeous.  We continued to ride through area, attempting to stop at the scenic spots but many were overgrown and you couldn’t see anything.   Gordon Falls sucked.  It was barely seen in the corner of the viewpoint.  The real prize was a tree I saw and heard on the way down.  It was making noise – like when two are touching and the wind is making them bend.  I looked up and saw this bright pink bird sticking his head out of a hole.  I kept making noise to get him to come further out and he would then go back in and come out.  He was prett cool



Drove to Sydney and got to the hostel and then headed in to the city.  Walked around Harbor taking in the sights of the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House (Jess is fired - this is the only pic she took of the Opera House).   




We then went to Chinatown to head to Paddy’s market which was a good spot to buy a bunch of souvenirs.  I won’t way what we got because that will give away the surprise for some.  We then went to Darling Harbor and sat around an did a bunch of people watching – but no one was getting stupid like in Denmark.  We headed back to get some food and hit the sack because we were getting up at 5 (better than 2:50) to catch our flight to Perth.
1 Response
  1. Stumbling on my way to Heaven Says:

    Are you guys planning to see any wildlife other than a pink bird!? Where are the DINGOS dammit!!???

Post a Comment

abcs