F BP, YMCA & WTF?


We woke up ate breakfast and bummed around the lodge in Arrowtown to kill time before our flight. 

When we got our receipt for our food the night before it came with a 4 cents off per litre from BP.  Jess was excited to save some cash and I said (not for the first time this trip) we’re not fucking going to BP.  Screw them.  So we are looking for other gas stations on the way to the airport and of course, there are none.  Guess who’s going to BP?  I was so pissed!

I’m getting the gas flowing and I hear a weirs sound, feel a spray and smell gas.  Those motherfuckers can’t stop spilling shit!  It shot all over my hands and on my jacket.  I was so pissed.  First the Gulf and now me.  So not only do we not use the coupon because we weren’t going to go there but I get spilled on as well.  To top it all off, I go inside to pay and over here they round up prices because they don’t use coins below 10 cents.  That would not fly here.  So screwed for the third time in one trip to BP they tacked on another 5 cents to my bill.  Fucking BP.  Use it to clean up a fucking rock in the Gulf you bastards! 

The flight to Christchurch was about 2 second long.  I barely had time to take a book out and read a page or two. 

Got in to town and took the bus to the YMCA – yes that’s right.  We are staying at a YMCA.  I can’t believe I am staying at a fucking YMCA.



Since we didn’t have much time we got ourselves together quick and headed out to walk around to the arts center – which had very cool looking buildings, all sandstone in color, if not sandstone actually.   



We walked through the botanic gardens which were not very garden like since it is the end of the winter here and not quite spring.  Jess was excited to see the rose garden until we got there and she realized there would be none.  



We headed over to Cathedral Square and got some chips and Starbucks and headed in to the cat-eh-dral and listened to the men’s choir.  They were pretty good – Jess was impressed so they must have been good.   We returned to the Y and I blogged and we chilled before dinner.  We headed over to this place Jess saw in the AU book to get some dinner.  Did I mention that everything is expensive here.  This was supposed to be a budget friendly place.  It was not.  We headed back to shower and get some sleep because  we had to get up at 3 am for our 6 am flight.  WTF?


1 Response
  1. Stumbling on my way to Heaven Says:

    Ah...Flat Slag! LOL! Everything looks lovely! What were you thinking about the budget friendly...there is no such thing on a vacation. :)

Post a Comment

abcs