Looks like we are going here and here .
And let me say - I was trying to be witty by making you have to click on the links - but as usual something has to go wrong. So, there's no links and this morning Jess BBMd me to tell me she didn't get a confirmation email for our flights. Screw the Griswolds - it's the McNeills. I hope you can guess where we are going from the title.
Three weeks - two 25 hour flight - I seriously may need drugs for that. Three months to prep - which we know will be like the week before. May is horrible for Jess, June is bad for me. I am going to have work to do this summer and work on the house. It's already shaping up to be some vacation!
I can't wait to get out of work and get ready for this trip!
Part 2: How did we get here?
So how did we finally make this decision?
As many of you know, Jess spent about three months there when she graduated from college. She loved it and always talks about it. Either the first or second year we were in the house we were trying to figure out if we could go away for the summer. I went and got two Let's Go books on NZ and OZ and after some discussion and family coming up we bagged the idea for a later date.
We've been looking for flights - Jess checking for the OZ flights like every second she can. I was watching for UK flights (ok, I had Jess watching for UK flights but that's not the point). These showed up and were too good to pass. I think we are taking 5 flights total in NZ and OZ and the price was less per person than when she went originally. On Wednesday, the flights were the lowest they have been and we were trying to figure out an itinerary because the sale ended April 30th. So, on Wednesday I ran out and got the NZ and OZ Fodors books and we started talking...and last night made the decisions. So here it is:
Aug 9 - NY to LA to Aukland, NZ (arrive Aug 11)
Aug 17 - Aukland to Sydney
Aug 20 - Sydney to Perth (where Jess lived when she was there - on the west coast)
Aug 24 - Perth to Cairns (HQ for the Great Barrier Reef)
Aug 28 - Cairns to Sydney to NY
So of course, we rushed through and made decisions to get it done in time - and they extended the sale through May. Now we just have to get to the details - especially Cairns since it is the high season for the reef. I'm getting more and more psyched as I think about it!
And let me say - I was trying to be witty by making you have to click on the links - but as usual something has to go wrong. So, there's no links and this morning Jess BBMd me to tell me she didn't get a confirmation email for our flights. Screw the Griswolds - it's the McNeills. I hope you can guess where we are going from the title.
Three weeks - two 25 hour flight - I seriously may need drugs for that. Three months to prep - which we know will be like the week before. May is horrible for Jess, June is bad for me. I am going to have work to do this summer and work on the house. It's already shaping up to be some vacation!
I can't wait to get out of work and get ready for this trip!
Part 2: How did we get here?
So how did we finally make this decision?
As many of you know, Jess spent about three months there when she graduated from college. She loved it and always talks about it. Either the first or second year we were in the house we were trying to figure out if we could go away for the summer. I went and got two Let's Go books on NZ and OZ and after some discussion and family coming up we bagged the idea for a later date.
We've been looking for flights - Jess checking for the OZ flights like every second she can. I was watching for UK flights (ok, I had Jess watching for UK flights but that's not the point). These showed up and were too good to pass. I think we are taking 5 flights total in NZ and OZ and the price was less per person than when she went originally. On Wednesday, the flights were the lowest they have been and we were trying to figure out an itinerary because the sale ended April 30th. So, on Wednesday I ran out and got the NZ and OZ Fodors books and we started talking...and last night made the decisions. So here it is:
Aug 9 - NY to LA to Aukland, NZ (arrive Aug 11)
Aug 17 - Aukland to Sydney
Aug 20 - Sydney to Perth (where Jess lived when she was there - on the west coast)
Aug 24 - Perth to Cairns (HQ for the Great Barrier Reef)
Aug 28 - Cairns to Sydney to NY
So of course, we rushed through and made decisions to get it done in time - and they extended the sale through May. Now we just have to get to the details - especially Cairns since it is the high season for the reef. I'm getting more and more psyched as I think about it!
Post a Comment